Miller Library, lying at the heart of the Colby campus, was erected in 1939 largely with funds received from Merton Leland Miller (1890, Colby) and dedicated in 1947 to the memory of his parents, William and Esther Pearson Miller. The library was designed by Jens Frederick Larson of the firm Larson & Wells and modeled on Dartmouth College’s Baker Library. Miller, the main library among three at Colby, supports study and research in the humanities and social sciences and houses the College Archives, Special Collections, and the library administrative and technical services offices. An addition that doubled the size of the original building was opened in 1983 and the libraries’ card catalog was automated in 1989. The library provides individual and group seating, wireless Internet connectivity and a 24- seat teaching and computer lab open 16 hours each day. Group study rooms and 24-hour study is provided on the ground level of the Miller building. Among the many services offered are reference and instruction, individual research consultation, and interlibrary loan. The Colby Libraries provide access to a large physical collection of books, journals and media and an equally large collection of digitized and electronic materials. Augmenting Colby’s collections is a close relationship with Bates and Bowdoin Libraries, and a strong document delivery system that provides Colby users with materials from other libraries in New England, the U.S. and abroad.