The Colby College Libraries are central to Colby’s scholarship, providing scholarly resources and services to advance users' teaching, learning, and research experiences.
To fulfill our mission we ...
- Teach and guide students to discover, evaluate, and ethically use information
- Collaborate with faculty to meet their individual teaching and research needs
- Identify, acquire, preserve, and provide access to scholarly works and resources that support teaching and faculty and student research
- Manage, preserve, and promote use of the College’s rare and unique materials, among other primary sources
- Provide user-centered spaces for group and individual research, study, collaboration, and contemplation
We will remain indispensable to Colby’s mission and priorities by ...
- Collaborating with faculty to integrate library and information resources into the curriculum and research processes
- Re-conceptualizing our physical and virtual spaces to best support the Colby experience
- Managing the shift to increasingly digital collections and continuing to acquire and preserve physical materials as critical for scholarship
- Focusing on services in which all users are valued and accommodated
- Continuing to develop our incredible staff to foster a flexible and innovative organization
- Partnering with the wider community to provide broader access to resources
- Instilling a culture of assessment to evaluate and continuously improve our collections and services