The following persons may borrow materials from the Colby College Libraries. Colby College ID or personal ID and sign-in may be required.
- Students of Colby College
- Faculty/Staff of Colby College (including emeritus)
- Colby College Trustees (including emeritus)
- Colby Affiliates - docents, retired employees
- Colby College Alumni
- Family of Colby College Faculty/Staff - spouses and children 16 years and older
Patrons with an activated library card from any library participating in Maine InfoNet or from the NExpress Consortium (Bates College, Bowdoin College, Wellesley College, Williams College, and Northeastern University).
card patrons. Those who do not meet the above criteria, may apply for a
courtesy card at the Circulation Desk. Personal ID and
proof of current address may be required along with a $20 fee annual fee. Please link here for additional information about courtesy cards.
On-site use of Colby College Library facilities and materials is granted to the following persons. Borrowing privileges are not necessarily included.
- Those using the U.S. Depository collection
- Students or faculty from other colleges and universities
- Maine residents (beyond high school age)
- Participants in Colby Special Programs
Those not directly associated with Colby College wishing to tour/view the facilities or have special access should make arrangements by calling Miller Library at 859-5100.
Please also see the Tours and Visits policy for additional information regarding educational class visits from area schools.