Collect Data and Documentation
- Save references to a software manager (e.g., Mendeley) to ensure proper / complete citations
- Back up data and documentation: "Rule of 3" places, e.g., hard drive, thumb drive, web space
- Back up data and documentation
- Leave your original data intact using copies to perform analyses
- Include algorithms, formulae, methods in your documentation (use a scripting software such as R to document your analyses)
Create End Product
- Back up drafts and end product: "Rule of 3"