This new CBBcat will replace the current version February 6th, 2014 and will allow us to offer:
· Easier searching and requesting within the CBB system. The CBB catalog will look and function similarly to our Colby Classic Catalog
· Online renewals for both students and faculty. Loan periods will not change, but faculty will be able to renew twice online, students up to four times.
· Efficiencies shared by all three libraries. We are working to translate this into a broader and deeper shared collection, providing more specialized resources to support both faculty and student research.
We expect the transition to this catalog system to be straightforward, possible exceptions:
· reserves will not be visible the first day of classes; we will process them as quickly thereafter as possible.
· Viewing patron records will be interrupted in the transition please contact your Library Coordinator to negotiate renewals. Once, this service is restored logging in will be slightly different, go here for details: http://libguides.colby.edu/NewCBBCat
· We are sorry but delivery and retrieval services will be interrupted from February 3rd until the new system goes live.
again please feel free to contact your department’s liaison or the Library Coordinators with questions.